The congregation is a generous financial contributor to Presbyterians Sharing – the Presbyterian Church in Canada’s coordinating body for work in Canada and overseas (LINK). A branch of Presbyterians Sharing – Presbyterian World Service and Development – concentrates on organizing special appeals for humanitarian relief efforts and provides overseas development assistance in third world countries.
Christian Children’s Fund
The congregation sponsors two needy children in Africa.
Christian Salvage Mission
This little-known overseas’ mission distributes evangelical literature, leveraging donations of used stamps etc. to distribute the Bible.
Food for Life
Members of Burlington East staff a food bank every Monday, providing food, small household items and occasional minor financial support to underprivileged families. The congregation supports this work through food and financial donations.
Christmas Day Community Dinner
Since 2008, BEPC has held an annual Christmas dinner for the community. Christmas Day is a joyous family day for many but a day of great loneliness for some and, for others, a day when they are acutely aware that they can’t afford a festive meal. BEPC’s free midday dinner is organized by a team within the congregation, with cooking led by professional chef Mike Benninger. Meals are provided to about 100 guests and delivered to many shut-ins and women’s and youth shelters. Gifts are given to children. Local rides can be provided.
To make a reservation or book a ride, please call the office manager at (905) 637-5155.
The Burlington East church building is highly visible in the community. It hosts
- The Zimbabwe Seventh Day Adventist Church for weekly worship and fellowship on Saturdays
- Free Believers In Christ Fellowship International, which originated in the Philippines
- Girl Guides, Sparks and Pathfinders weekly meetings
- Boy Scouts Leadership Team meetings
- Never Stand Alone narcotics support group
- Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Services support group
- Halton Region ROCK Program (Children’s play group)
- Fitnuts exercise group
- Shoreline Bridge group
- Polling station for federal and provincial elections.